I’m just going to come right out and say it: The great outdoors and I don’t mix. There’s a long list of reasons why we don’t get along, but for the purpose of this story, I’ll spare you the details. (Bugs, hiking, and 101 ways to get dirty—sorry, I had to.) On average, I spend about 70% of my life indoors and the other 30% convincing everyone that “the great outdoors” means lounging in a beach cabana with a drink in hand. So imagine my surprise when I was invited on a three-day retreat at a luxury resort in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It wasn’t the tropical vacation that I typically daydream about, but I convinced myself that I might have been doing the whole outdoors thing wrong and decided to give this trip a shot. (Kudos to me.)
When I’m doing things outside of my comfort zone, I always use fashion as a way to make myself feel more at peace. So when I left for this trip, I packed a ‘fit for every event and went above and beyond to make sure I had the proper bags to match. Away has been my tried and true luggage brand for the past year, so it was only right that I sported its new F.A.R (For All Routes) collection on my mountain getaway. I hate to spoil the ending, but these travel essentials really got me through the trip. The versatile outdoor bags and accessories were exactly what I needed to repair my estranged relationship with the great outdoors. I was prepared for anything and everything, and I’ve got the photos to prove it. Keep scrolling to see every outfit I wore to make my trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains chic and luxurious.